5.10.09

Rainbow Cassette by Matt Whitwell


Matt Whitwell - Biography

I'm a young artist from Wellington, New Zealand. Currently I am finishing a BFA (Hons) at Massey School of Fine Arts. Reducing, reusing, recycling and reappropriation of materials inspires my work along with mental, societal and ethical issues. Generally I try to work towards alternative ways of formatting and presenting art in my practice, which leads to my work having been seen in makeshift galleries, on the street, performed live on radio, in private spaces and for loan in libraries.

the 5-question game

What inspires / influences you? Reduce, reuse, recycle, reappropriate, the mind, society, ethics…

Do you remember the first of your artworks you were proud of? The first artwork I was proud of was a huge dada painting I made at age 12.

Is there a poster / art print you particularly remember? No, not really…

To go on with the posters subject, can you tell us what, according to you, would be the ideal place where to put your posters from L'Affiche Moderne? Mounted, but no frame, anywhere you want.

What music would you recommend listening to while gazing at your works?The (cool) bands you loved when you were a teenager. (SOOO TRUEEE)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Q opinas?